Sunday, July 31, 2011

Whew!

I am so sorry to all of my loyal readers!  I obviously have not posted in awhile because we have not had a computer (since one was stolen and one was crashed.)  We got the crashed on fixed and the stolen one will be replaced tomorrow. ANYWAY-- Here is my update(s):

I completed my 33 days of drops.  My total weight loss was 18 pounds.  And I feel a whole lot lighter!  I have been on maintenance for 6 days now and I am a much happier eater!  I have stuck right with the plan.  I eat my proteins, fruits and veggies and keep out the carbs and sugars.  I have not gained any weight at all and I have not lost any on maintenance.  I have maintained a steady 162 give or take some ounces.  I am appreciating maintenance because I still have to maintain the self control that I have now learned and committed myself to.  As much as a cookie, smore, or brownie sounds yummy, I am able to pass it up and it feels good instead of feeling like torture.  I don't even think of Dr. Pepper anymore.  In fact the other day I was SO thirsty and I went to McDonald's and paid $1 for a huge water.  My kids were so confused.  It was funny.  I knew a little water cup wasn't going to cut the thirst. 
I have LOVED eating avacado, tomato, onion, cilantro and lime as a salad.  It tastes so yummy and smells so yummy.  Sometimes I have added the black beans to it and put the mixture on top of a green salad.  Yum!  I love being able to eat a mixture of veggies instead of one at a time.  And I love eating a few more fruits (ones lighter in sugar). I still mostly eat the strawberries and grapefruit and occasionally I have had some cherries and today I ate some blueberries.  After being on the 500 cal diet, I really have a new appreciation for food.
I feel like I have made a HUGE accomplishment in following through this diet in its entirety.  It has been very hard because of my busy and active lifestyle, but it is the jumpstart I was hoping for.  18 pounds is a huge jumpstart and I am proud of myself.  Brandon and I will begin the gym tomorrow and deinitely on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the spin class.  I have 30 more pounds to lose and plan on eating right and excercising to drop the rest.  Thank you to all of you who have listened to my struggles while doing this.  M, L, S, and D!!  You ladies mean the WORLD to me and I appreciate your support more than you will ever know!  Pictures will be coming soon!!  Oh and the BEST part!  I fit into non-maternity clothes and I am pulling up some of my pants constantly!!  The BEST reward!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Liss! That is great. You will see more weight loss as you stick to the high protien and low carb/sugar diet as you begin to work out. YOu rock and have always been an inspiration to me. You will get to your goal before you know it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete