Friday, June 24, 2011

Intro to my Reasons

I have started a diet for the first time in my whole life.  I have always believed in the "eat right and exercise" way of life but I need WAY more than that right now.  I have started The HCG diet.  Many have heard of it and many are doing it.  I first heard of this diet 2+ years ago and I thought it was crazy.  Shots, hormones, 500 cal diet, that's insane.  Here I am now a believer.  I have done all the research I can on it and I am ready to do it.  I have seen many friends succeed on this diet.  And now it's my turn to be a success story.  I have had 5 children and I am done.  For sure!  Just had a pregnancy scare and very grateful it was a scare.  My body has been through a lot and I owe this to myself--to my body for all the amazing things it has done for me.  It has grown babies, survived deliveries and c-sections, participated in triathlons, trained for and ran a half marathon, and healed up a broken leg in more than one place.  So now it is time for me to give back.  181.2 pounds.  I keep asking myself how that happened.  My answer, 5 kids, broken leg and Dr. Pepper.  And poor eating habits and late night snacks definitely haven't helped one bit.
So this is my journey.  My first round of the HCG diet.  My goal is to lose 50 pounds.  About 130 pounds is a reasonable and healthy weight for my body type.  I am a very self motivated person and am not concerned about creating habits while on this life change.  I will work out and eat better.   I will give up Dr. Pepper as much as I LOVE that poison!  So here we go!

3 comments:

  1. It really is so amazing what our bodies can do. I think we take that for granted sometimes. We also don't know what our bodies can handle - I did a 5k and have given up races since then. You are MY INSPIRATION! You know. I should follow my journey on my blog - maybe I'll be held accountable more... and get motivation. I'm really struggling. I need to drop 20 to feel great! For me. Only me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Melissa! Oh, how I love Dr. Pepper too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. QUIT the Dr. Pepper while you can!! (haha) WAIT, don't quit it until that baby is born ;)

    ReplyDelete